The year ahead

Whether I like it or not, the summer of 2008 is well and truly over. The days are rapidly getting shorter, cooler and if it is possible wetter. The completion of the season also marks the end of my first year on a bike.
I purchased my first bike, a Specialized Sirrus Elite, at the end of August 2007 with a view of starting to ride to work. Riding to work never eventuated, instead I rode for fun and fitness. In the year I have riden over 3500km, and that excludes the virtual miles I have done on my turbo trainer. I have riden in all conditions possible - hot and cold, sunshine, rain, hail, sleet, and even snow.
I didn't set myself any goals when I purchased my first bike. I had vague of objectives of improved fitness but nothing that would comply with the SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, time-bound) method. So I thought it would be appropriate define some proper goals for my second year:
Ok, they are not in the same league as those on My Cycling Challenge but I think they will be challenging enough. I will be using this blog to plot my progress.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi

These goals look great. Best of luck.

For me writing goals on a public blog helps keep me very motivated.

FYI - you can kill two birds with one stone by doing La Marmotte - as it includes three legendary Tour de France climbs. :)

Happy cycling